Chapter 2 Synthesis
- He came in singing.
- Seeing a lion he ran away.
- Opening the cupboard, he took out his shirt.
- It being cold, we stayed indoors.
- While playing, I fell down.
- Beaten by the police, he fainted.
- Turning to the right you will reach my house.
- Seeing a large ship, I went to its captain at once
- I saw a beggar begging on the platform.
- The police arrested a thief running on the road.
- The tired traveller sat in the shade of a tree.
- The letter was so badly written that I could not read it.
- The boy is searching for his lost books.
- The door being locked, we had to wait outside.
- Being interested in the movie they bought tickets.
- Nobody touched the rotten mangoes.
- He was not willing to go out in torn clothes.
- Being deceived by his friends, he was very sad.
- Accompanied by his brother, he went outside.
- I brought my mended fan home.
- Having taught the students, the teacher went home.
- Having been rebuked by his father, the son left home.
- Having cooked the food, she put it into the cup board.
- Having relaxed for an hour, they started their journey again.
- The boat having anchored, we landed on the shore.
- Having been warned of the danger, he escaped unhurt.
- Having been caught by the police, the terrorist committed suicide.
- Having failed in her attempt twice, she gave up the idea of trying once more.
- The school having been closed, the children dispersed to their homes.
- Having finished the book, I put in on the shelf.
- The door being locked we had to wait outside.
- The police arrested a thief running on the road.
- Having taken my breakfast I went to my school.
- Seeing a snake, some farmers ran away at once.
- Having reached the play ground the principal made a short speech.
- The principal found out some students copying.
- Having washed the clothes, the washerman went home.
- Having been punished by the teacher she began to weep.
- Having gone to Mumbai last year, I met a film star.
- Being unwilling to take any medicine, he went to sleep.
- Having received no reply, I sent him another letter.
- This poor man passed his life working and laughing
- I hope to pass the examination this year.
- Inspite of every body’s dying one day, no body likes to die.
- He went to station to farewell, his guests.
- They will go to market to buy fruits.
- Give me some money to buy some books.
- We went to Delhi to see the Red Fort.
- She goes to gym daily to reduce her weight.
- I have sweets to be eaten.
- He has some files to be signed today.
- They congratulated me to hear about my son’s marriage.
- On seeing the principal in the verandah, I ran away at once.
- For killing a man two murderers were caught red handed.
- I play all the games except playing hockey.
- On checking your all exercises, the teacher found many mistakes in them.
- After finishing his homework he went out to play.
- On finding two students copying the invigilator cancelled their examination.
- On having arms in their hands, the soldiers were marching with pride.
- On his winning the first prize of lottery my father is very happy.
- Inspite of his being ungrateful I help him much.
- You can escape the punishment only after telling me the secret.
- We have seen the Taj, one of the seven wonders of the world.
- I punished Ravindra, a naughty boy of his class.
- Columbus, a man of great courage, discovered America.
- Tagore, the author of Gitanjali, was a famous poet of India.
- Mr. Lal, the district magistrate, lived in Kolkata, one of the biggest cities of India.
- The cow gives us milk, the most nourishing food.
- His uncle, a great social worker, is the richest man of the town.
- Ramesh, the most intelligent boy of his class, has been selected in C.P.M.T.
- Marina, a very honest artist, is a photographer.
- Newton, a famous scientist, made many inventions.
- American President has arrived in Delhi, the capital of India.
- Mr. Verma, our smart principal, is a resident of Maharashtra.
- The train having arrived, the passengers stood up.
- The second show being over, the people have gone to their houses.
- The sun having risen, the birds made a noise.
- The time being over, now stop writing.
- The papers having been distributed, the students started writing.
- The train having arrived, the hawkers made a noise.
- The officer being out of his office, the clerks made a lot of a noise.
- The curtain having been dropped, the people went to their houses.
- The fire having broken out, all the workers ran out of the factory.
- The match having been won, all the players are making merry.
- The police having arrived, all the strikers ran away in fear.
- The commander having blown his horn, all the scouts become alert.
- Certainly he was a great favourite of his teachers.
- He regularly takes a balanced uiti.
- Regratefuly, they admitted their crime.
- Carelessly, he failed in the examination.
- Hurriedly, my friend came here.
- Luckily I got no injury in the accident.
- Slowly, the children grow up to be young.
- The dacoits murdered the old man cruelly.
- The people could not run fast.
- Rapidly, he progressed much.
- Unfortunately this cow will die soon.
- He fought the election in vain.
- The principal punished Suresh.
- I have a Medico pen.
- I met a minister with my uncle.
- I met my friend Harish.
- A boy was running on the road.
- I live at Khatauli with my uncle.
- He purchased a T.V. and a cooler.
- I eat bread with butter.
- Will you tell me the aim of your life?
- He eats fruits and green vegetables daily.
- Please tell me your address.
- They sing poems as well as songs.
- I do not like this dirty city.
- Kamal is a very honest leader.
- The boys are sitting on the green grass.
- Your brother is a very famous doctor.
- You live in a very airy house.
- My grandmother told me a very interesting story.
- Pt. Nehru was the first prime Minister of India.
- There was a very thirsty crow.
- In old age he lost his strength.
- I got many precious gifts.
- A rich man had a new car.
- I have read these very interesting books.
- I do not know where the thief has run away.
- Tell me why you are not working hard.
- I asked him if he would go to Delhi on Monday.
- It is not known who entered the house.
- I believe in what he advises me.
- The news that he has won the election is wrong.
- Listen to what your teachers say.
- Iam worried why my son did not come.
- It is not certain how long I shall teach him.
- Will you tell me why you did not attend the marriage of your friend?
- The problem is who will bell the cat.
- Did you know that the teacher would be angry?
- The boy who has lost his watch is very poor.
- The boy who was talking with you is our monitor.
- The boy who stood first this year is my friend.
- I shall go to Kanpur by the train which goes via Khurja.
- Take my pen which you like.
- Do not keep the company of the students who abuse others.
- This is the same house which I bought four years ago.
- Do you know the reason why he failed in the examination ?
- All know Makhan very well who is an artist.
- The teacher who teaches me is my father’s friend.
- I know the place where Shastriji was born.
- All things which glitter are not gold.
- He failed in the examination because he did not work hard.
- Although I have no bicy e yet I will reach in time.
- As soon as the circus started, it began to rain heavily.
- Although we are free yet we are not happy.
- If he does not speak the truth, he will not be respected.
- Suresh ate so much that he fell ill.
- The lion is too weak to walk.
- Although he does not work hard yet he will pass.
- All love that boy because he is very gentle.
- He will engage a private tutor because he is weak in English.
- He should either come to me or send his servant.
- The patient died nevertheless the doctor did not come on time.
- The sky was covered with clouds yet it did not rain.
- He is not only fat but ugly also.
- I went to the teacher and requested him for coaching.
- He does not reach his office in time yet his boss is happy with him.
- He is not only wise but intelligent also.
- He started a business for he wants to be rich.
- We shall face the enemy and sacrifice our lives.
- He did his all papers good yet he failed badly.
- The sun rose and filled the sky with light.
- Good boys work but bad boys make mischiefs.
- He does not know anything so he pretends ignorance.
- Forests, besides giving us timber, also check soil erosion.
- We are all children of one God so we must love one another.
- The brave face the challenges but cowards flee.
- He could not go to the office because he was ill.
- Mosquitoes spread malaria so we must destroy them.
- He must either work regularly or leave the job.
- He was injured in an accident so he went to a hospital but the doctor was not available.
(i) My uncle cannot go for a morning walk because he is very weak.
(ii) Ram is wise as well as gentle.
(i) The sun having set, the stars came up in the sky.
(ii) She and her friend are equally beautiful.
(i) His arrival is not known.
(ii) He worked hard because he wanted to pass.
(i) Do you know where has he gone?
(ii) A lame man is going to station.
(i) An old woman was strolling on the road with a stick in her hand.
(ii) I cannot say that you are wrong.
(i) The train had not arrived at the station by the time we reached there.
(ii) At the entry of the teacher in the class, the boys stood up. (2013)
(i) The work having been done, we went back home.
(ii) Tell me where you have put my book.
(i) It being cold, no one went out.
(ii) I bought a pen which was costly.
(i) He has three sons to educate.
(ii) When he heard the news, he was glad.
(i) He reads an old book.
(ii) The patient had died before the doctor came.
(i) Although he is poor, he is happy.
(ii) He is too poor to buy a flat. (2014)
(i) Wise men do not quarrel over the things which are small.
(ii) After finishing his work, he went home.
(i) Having gone up the hill, Jack saw a python.
(ii) You must start now otherwise you will be late.
(i) Although she is rich, she is not happy.
(ii) He is too fat to run fast.
(i) Tulsidas, a great poet, wrote the Ramcharitmanas, the holy book of the Hindus.
(ii) Everything decays but books survive.
(i) This is the fact that the sun rises in the East.
(ii) Mahatma Gandhi, a lover of peace and once a lawyer, preached non-violence. (2015)
(i) Being caught in the net deer struggled hard to escape.
(ii) Do not delay in purchasing the book.
(i) Ram, an intelligent boy studying in the 12th class, is very punctual.
(ii) My niece who practises law is pursuing her research-work.
(i) He came to my father and welcomed him warmly.
(ii) On his being absent, I gave the message to his wife.
(i) By giving them his advice, he helped them liberally.
(ii) As he could never get satisfaction, he gave up trying.
(i) Though the rent is high, the house is satisfactory.
(ii) As he is ill he will not go to college.
(i) Shakespeare, a great dramatist, wrote ‘The Merchant of Venice’.
(ii) Although I had seen the picture twice, I wanted to see it a third time. (2016)
(i) Although he is rich, he leads a simple life.
(ii) Last night being very hot, I could not have a sound sleep.
(i) Seeing a small child very adeptly, he was overjoyed.
(ii) It is known to one and all that he is intelligent, studious and has a generous mind.
(i) That animal may be a fish or a serpent but it must be one of them.
(ii) No one knows where he is going.
(i) He is a dull pupil yet he is very regular.
(ii) It is truly accepted by one and all that Abdul Kalam was a grea ted by one and all that Abdul Kalam was a great scientist, a popular teacher and the people’s president.
(i) He has four children to support.
(ii) Being a true patriot, he will not betray his country.
(i) He saw a blind man.
(ii) The boy was punished as well as fined.
(i) A hungry tiger killed a hefty bullock.
(ii) He ran so quickly that he soon overtook his father, (2017)
(i) He was so tired that he cannot stand.
(ii) I have no money to spare.
(i) Tagore who was a great poet wrote a famous book, Gitanjali for which he was awarded with noble prize.
(ii) Wise men love truth whereas (while) fools shun it.
(i) I and my brother did not go to Lucknow.
(ii) It is known to all that honesty is the best policy.
(i) The sun having set, the stars came up in the sky.
(ii) I reached home before the sun had set.
(i) It must be done whatever the cost is.
(ii) The sailors casted the anchor to prevent the ship from drifting.
(i) Being ill, he went to school.
(ii) The boy failed many times so he gave up his studies.
(i) He is intelligent and hardworking.
(ii) This is certain that good triumphs over evil in the end. (2018)
(i) Delhi, the capital of India is an old city.
(ii) His complaint was that you had deceived him.
(i) On hearing the news of her husband’s death, she fainted.
(ii) He was obstinate so he was punished.
(i) Eat moderately let you should fall sick.
(ii) I am impressed with the boy whom you sent me yesterday.